Am I a Golden Seabright??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LuLuBelle, Apr 30, 2009.

1. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    So I was getting ready to leave the house to go to work this morning and I went to see what the chicks were doing before I left. Well, good thing I went in there because one of them had flown the coop. Ironically this is the one I have been trying to figure out what it was... so, I went and grabbed the camera and started taking some pictures. How come they never stand still when you want them to?? Anyways, here are the pictures... What do you think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it's a golden seabright and I think it's a rooster, but I would like your opinion.

Please and Thank you!!

[​IMG]

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sure looks like mine I got from TSC I think mine are all boys though...
    But the weird thing is.. It looks like he/she has a single comb? Sebrights have rose.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    It's single combed so it's not a Sebright.

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    With hatcheries breeding for production rather than standard, it's a possibility that we are going to be seeing more and more single combed birds that should have been rose combed.

5. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    She looks like a mix to me. She has too much black in her plumage to be 100% golden sebright plus sebrights are supposed to have rosecombs. Black OEG bantam mixed with Golden Sebright. Maybe she could be a golden laced OEG bantam? Sounds like it would be a cool new breed.

6. LuLuBelle

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    I really thought that it was going to be a golden seabright...

OK but call me dumb, I'm still new at this what's a strait comb and what's a rose comb??

So here's a picture of the one that people told me was a golden seabright... do we still have a conclusion that's it's a golden seabright, and I'm back to the drawing board with the other one...

[​IMG]

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    A single comb is when there is an acutal comb with ridges on it. A rose comb is just flat in younger chicks. Do a google image search for single comb and rose comb and you'll get a good idea of what the differences are.

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
  9. LuLuBelle

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    So am I understanding that neither of them are golden seabrights, but possibly Golden Laced Old English Bantam?

10. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    The build/stance looks very much like my OEG and not like my sebrights, but I'm not sure the first is a roo, looks like my female OEG as far as comb color. Her temperament is sweeter than my sebrights. Lovely birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by