Am I a Golden Seabright??

LuLuBelle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
So I was getting ready to leave the house to go to work this morning and I went to see what the chicks were doing before I left. Well, good thing I went in there because one of them had flown the coop. Ironically this is the one I have been trying to figure out what it was... so, I went and grabbed the camera and started taking some pictures. How come they never stand still when you want them to?? Anyways, here are the pictures... What do you think??

28304_chickies_003.jpg

28304_chickies_005.jpg

I think it's a golden seabright and I think it's a rooster, but I would like your opinion.

Please and Thank you!!

caf.gif

Sure looks like mine I got from TSC I think mine are all boys though...
But the weird thing is.. It looks like he/she has a single comb? Sebrights have rose.

Last edited:
With hatcheries breeding for production rather than standard, it's a possibility that we are going to be seeing more and more single combed birds that should have been rose combed.

She looks like a mix to me. She has too much black in her plumage to be 100% golden sebright plus sebrights are supposed to have rosecombs. Black OEG bantam mixed with Golden Sebright. Maybe she could be a golden laced OEG bantam? Sounds like it would be a cool new breed.

I really thought that it was going to be a golden seabright...

OK but call me dumb, I'm still new at this what's a strait comb and what's a rose comb??

So here's a picture of the one that people told me was a golden seabright... do we still have a conclusion that's it's a golden seabright, and I'm back to the drawing board with the other one...

28304_chickies_065.jpg

A single comb is when there is an acutal comb with ridges on it. A rose comb is just flat in younger chicks. Do a google image search for single comb and rose comb and you'll get a good idea of what the differences are.

The build/stance looks very much like my OEG and not like my sebrights, but I'm not sure the first is a roo, looks like my female OEG as far as comb color. Her temperament is sweeter than my sebrights. Lovely birds.

Back
Top Bottom