1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Am I a male? AND Do you see a SLW in the group?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kingpartyof5, Jul 18, 2010.

1. kingpartyof5

kingpartyof5 In the Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Central Indiana
    All pics are of peeps who 4.5 weeks old.

Am I a BA roo? This one looks different from the other two is it a different breed (possibly SLW) or just a roo?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We placed an order recently and I believe that they forgot to include our SLW and just gave an extra BA. Do you see a SLW in this group of peeps?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The first two pictures, it looks like a roo...and no, I don't see any SLWs in the group picture.

3. Winsor Woods

Winsor Woods Songster

Jun 14, 2009
    Cascade Range in WA
    It's hard to tell on the SLW because those pictures are so small. I started some SLW's last year from day old chicks. Even after they get their feathers, they don't look like the photos you'd see in books. You have to wait until their first molt, when the second set of feathers come in, they will look like a typical SLW. Looking at the small thumbnail, you may have one SLW in your flock but you'll have to wait to be sure I suppose.

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by