Am I a Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JodyJo, Jun 10, 2011.

1. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I know silkies are hard to tell sex, but is this even a silkie? It has 5 toes, feathered shanks and that tuff....ugh....my EE's I got from the same lady also have tuffs...but the rest of them is EE...heaven only knows what she has wandering around her yard! Any guesses, or what this little one is mixed with?

[​IMG]

2. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    That is not a silkie, silkies have black skin and it has feathers like fur or fuz. It maybe be a polish thats just a thought though.

3. JodyJo

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:"It "does have 5 toes though....and feathered legs...so I am going to go more with Sultan...any one else have any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  4. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    That doesn't look anything like a silkie... but it's cute!

5. JodyJo

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

here is a pic of my silkie...a tiny one, not sure on sex...maybe crossed with something else too!

6. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    How interesting [​IMG]
    I can see why you were asking about the silkies, it's feet have fluff rather than feathers. I'd would say it's entirely possible for it to have silkie in it at least. Is it a bantam or LF? The body shape and head carriage puts me in the mind of a Sumatra or one of those types.
    It looks like a pullet to me. I realize you don't know what kind of a comb it's going to have, but at this age, if it was a cockerel you should be seeing something starting to sprout there.
    Very cute. [​IMG]

7. JodyJo

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:my hubby thinks both these chicks are ugly...I am dying to see how they mature, and I am thinking pullet also, no comb whatsoever on either one. The silkie, black one is a bantam, the other is regular sized....will keep posting pics

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by