Am i able to incubate a Muscovy Duck egg?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Paterino Del Galaxia, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Paterino Del Galaxia

Paterino Del Galaxia Chirping

Apr 16, 2019
    Am i able to artificially incubate a Muscovy Duck egg using dried leaves as the source of heat, gauze pad as the cushion or padding and a metal box as the housing.... Will the eggs be incubated or not?

My father does not want any electrical equipment that produces heat to work overnight like incubators that uses electricity. So i came up with an idea of using dried leaves. I dumped a pile of leaves inside the metal box just as enough to mostly cover the egg and i added a ventilation to the metal box. Will the leaves be able to incubate the egg? Will it produce heat? And most importantly, can i hatch the egg using the dead leaves as the heat source. I slightly moved the egg a little, will it kill the egg? Are there any more methods, suggestions or ideas for an incubator that uses no electricity other than the leaves? Is it possible to make an incubator using sand, gravel, flour, cornstarch or any other organic or inorganic material? I just really need an incubator that uses no electricity but of course, produces heat. By the way, the eggs were freshly laid by the muscovy duck hen. Please help! I NEED IMMEDIATE RESPONSE! Please this is an emergency!

WannaBeHillBilly likes this.
  2. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    Please help i really need good advice

3. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    Here is a picture of the incubator i made with leaves..... Don't notice the black wire, it is nothing! 20190417_091542_Richtone(HDR).jpg

4. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    Is it right that i used dried and dead leaves? Will it heat the eggs or should i use fresh leaves instead.... please suggest other incubators that does not use electricity.....

5. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    I also wrapped the metal box and the interior with aluminum foil.....

6. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    I added more leaves.... Green and fresh leaves. Is it okay?
    I hope someone helps me and please do not ignore this thread and leave a reply or message...........

7. JanetMarie

JanetMarie Crowing

Oct 23, 2014
    Michiana
    Your leaf incubator will not get warm enough.

The best way to incubate muscovy eggs without electricity is to wait for one of your muscovy hens to go broody. When she's ready to start brooding she will have collected a nice clutch of eggs. Don't gather the eggs, but let them stay where she lays them.

8. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    But i cannot leave the eggs to the mother, there is a large lizard that is planning to eat the eggs, there are also snakes outside...

9. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    I went home from work and im really tired, Are there any other incubator designs and ideas that uses no electricity? Except from those kerosene incubators.....

10. Paterino Del Galaxia

Apr 16, 2019
    And i can't find all the eggs either...... The Mother Muscovy likes to hide her eggs, luckily i found these two eggs... They are readily scattered everywhere!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: