Am I Crazy???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chickie Mamma, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Am I the only nut that runs out 2-3 times a day with empty 2 liter bottles filled with warm water? [​IMG] I know they can handle freezing temps, but they appreciate snuggling up against the bottle when I bring it out. [​IMG]

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Ask me when I'm running out every couple of hours during the summer in 100 degree+ heat with frozen water bottles for them to lay against. I dont think your crazy at all! lol

3. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I am glad we are on the same page... I think they are too spoiled though. I do the same thing in the summer. We rarely get 100 degree days, but I do mist them a little. My hubby says thats why God gave them feathers, but I've bought many coats that I froze my butt in.. so sometimes its not enough I feel [​IMG]

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    yes you are crazy [​IMG] ... but on the other side of that is I do it for my rats so who is more nutz? [​IMG]

5. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I guess you win the "NUTZ" category so far [​IMG] We are not far behind though [​IMG]

6. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    You could have fought a little harder for the title! [​IMG] I have a few button quail in the house and my wife who isn't that amused with all my animals was chasing one around because it learned to fly! She was worried about the "wittle thang"...that was a direct quote...should have seen her talk to the rattler [​IMG] but then she made me get rid of it... [​IMG]

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I don't think I'd do it for Rats [​IMG] But I do it for my rabbits too. Hubby is not amused either with all my animals, but you should have seen him run when the fox came around. His quote.. " I didn't want you to cry". Yeah, right?? He loves them too in his own sort of way, they make him breakfast [​IMG]

8. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    Never thought of it, though I too bring out frozen ones in the summer. We have chickens and rabbits. What a great idea. Sorry to say we do drink way more Pepsi than we should, so have plenty of bottles. Don't have snow but the valley fog is bone chilling to me. Thanks for the great idea.[​IMG]

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I actually got the idea from my grandmother when one of our rabbits had babies in January. She was not a "wonderful" mother and these bottles saved them I believe. Its the cheapest way, but a pain to keep changing. We drink waaay too much Pepsi here too [​IMG] It warms up the corner of the coop for a couple hours.

10. @migocontodos~

@migocontodos~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yes you are crazy....lol....

Welcome to the flock, a lot of us ARE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by