Am I just a crow? Looking for help

Firebomb_k

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 17, 2010
Spencer, WI
I have the two chickens that I got from TSC a few months ago and I have been wondering what breed they are......

I have looked for answers but I can't find any.

Please help.

This is the first one....She is All Black including her legs and her comb. On her back her feathers have a purple green hue to them.....like color changing paint.

49171_hpim2482.jpg

49171_hpim2483.jpg

49171_hpim2485.jpg

And here is the second unknown. A little different, white on the front and red wattles.

49171_hpim2486.jpg

49171_hpim2488.jpg

49171_hpim2489.jpg

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Don't know the breed of the second one, but it has partridge feathers, hope that points you in some kind of good direction. I have never seen australops in TSC but that doesn't mean anything. If it IS an australop it will have 5 toes and not four. That much I do know. Good luck on figuring it out.

can you hear me now? :

Don't know the breed of the second one, but it has partridge feathers, hope that points you in some kind of good direction. I have never seen australops in TSC but that doesn't mean anything. If it IS an australop it will have 5 toes and not four. That much I do know. Good luck on figuring it out.

Australorps do NOT have 5 toes. I have several of them, all with 4 toes.​

can you hear me now? :

Think you might be messing up silkies and the australorps. Silkies will have extra toes while the australorp have 4​

There are very few breeds that have 5 toes: Dorking, Faverolle, Houden, Sultan, and Non-bearded Silkie Bantams.

I say the first is a Jersey Giant, just from the legs, I looked at pics and they seemed to have yellow legs that turned darker later. Black Australorps Should have black legs from the beginning, but it could be just bad genes/breeding.
The second one, I agree with crtrlovr, it has patterning like an EE. But, no pea comb and the legs look black...idk what it could be, a cross, or something else.

Back
Top Bottom