A'm i just freaking out?????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmgirlforever18, Jun 22, 2011.

1. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    ok its day 21 and there's no peeps and i don't see any eggs moving [​IMG] the temps been 99-100 steady and the humidity around 60 I candled them yesterday morning and all 4 that are due to hatch were fine yes i know its late for lockdown but i have eggs in the same bator that are due a week apart and some two so i was waiting to lockdown all the way. i hope its just me and there fine [​IMG] its my first hatch so i'm freaking out i don't know why but i i'm

2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope we get a good hatch!!! What are you hatching again?? Are you able to candle again??? What time did u put them in approx? Morn, afternoon, evening? Usually they start around when you put them in the bator so I hear... Which means it could be 6pm my time before I see anything tomorrow DX !!! [​IMG]

3. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:the buffs are due today and omg i hope the dont hatch around the same time i put them in [​IMG] that was around 6 and i wont be here [​IMG] i have to go to town [​IMG]

4. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Well it is only what I heard... From reading thread after thread on this forum.... I am up till 4am reading them usually. But we shall see..

5. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    Generally you don't start getting concerned until day 24. You don't count the setting day as the first day. Im not sure when you actually set them. IMO, your humidity is a little low for lockdown. Generally the advice is 70%. However, it varies from one person to the next. I usually have the best success at around 72-74%. Eggs should go into lockdown at day 18 and once they are in lockdown, you should not even open the lid of the incubator. Once they pip, it could take 24 hours for the chick to hatch. Again, don't open the incubator as humidity is crucial at days 18-hatch.

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    What kind of incubator are you using. Are you using an egg turner?

7. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:its an LG and yes i have an automatic turner, and i put a sponge in it to up the humidity and i put them in on the first of this month, but i have other eggs in there so i'm really not shore what to do there not due for another couple weeks

8. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:Sorry its my first hatch just making shore i didnt do any thing wrong [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  9. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I have one moving around a lil.... Don't expect it to pip till tomorrow night tho if it pips at all. It's been through a rough incubation.. Hope your hatch is going well!

10. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:Nothing yet i got a lil worried so i candled one not sure if that was the best thing [​IMG] but i did it any way and it was still moving so lets hope i get peeps tonight or in the morning [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by