AM i just in a bad mood today???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TyrannosaurusChix, Aug 25, 2010.

1. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    I responded to an ad on cragslist for 2 free silkie roosters.

After waiting for an email response and calling the people, had a fairly nice talk, etc. Told them my situation and what i had.. and wanted to get rid of AFTER i replace what i had with free roosters in question and a proposed time to arrive...

I get an email saying they are interested in what i have and propose a trade "Trade roos" ( when theirs were advertised for free) and i was planning on buying some of what they had for sale.

I replied i would consider trading 2 roosters for ONE of their hens they had for sale. The hens are priced fairly low to where i would think this would be acceptable. Im hoping they really didnt think i would trade up for what they are willing to give for free( i was going to auction mine btw)

Maybe im in a bad mood, or they just werent clear with what they meant. I replied very polite saying i would trade the two roos of mine for one of their hens if thats ok with them and i would still buy another hen and possibly more.

If my instincts are telling me they meant free - up for roos ... isnt this presumptuous of them or am i really just in a cranky mood!? whether or not roos might be a dime a dozen, but they said they were a bit over run and needed to get rid of them... to think i need to also?

2. TyrannosaurusChix

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    i guess i got my answer then lol

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

4. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    nawww... your post is just a little confusing is all! lol

If they advertised for free then asked for a trade I can understand why your a bit off however (and here's where you got confusing).... when you offered to trade your two roo's for a hen, (seems like a good deal to me)... but what about the silkie roosters?

5. TyrannosaurusChix

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Quote:ohhh sorry!

I was trying to be sort of vague in case they come here [​IMG]

I have two silkie roosters in a color they have looked for but i dont want.

They had their roosters for free( in colors i want) on CL.

After i inquired and made plans to pick up the roosters for free and possibly buy other chickens, i got the email offering to trade the roos. I replied that i would trade both roos for ONE hen.

I havent heard back yet.

6. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    Yup... I read a couple of times and got most of it... its hard some times but I think if they were offering for free and your offering a hen your being generous..

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Wait.. I'm still confused.. [​IMG]

Why dont you guys just trade roos for roos?

8. TyrannosaurusChix

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Quote:That would have been ok if it was in her original ad.. ( she wants to get rid of her roos for free)

I just got a call from them anyhow and she changed her mind.. she has decided she has too many roos. they still want to sell me at least one hen when i come.. which is what i originally planned.

And theyve decided against the time we set up for tonight.. tomorrow now.

oiy. and i just listed over 50 chicks and one buff brahma bantam hen on CL. Here comes the stress! LOL

Chicks are $1 each 6 for 5 ( 6 is state law here) and $4 for the brahma thats 16 weeks old...

let the CL drama begin LOL!

9. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Is there anything wrong really with being cranky?

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Nope..i dont think so..
    I'm that way allll the time... suits me just fine... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by