1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I just stupid???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by halo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    (dont answer that....)

Im going on Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply's websites looking for hardware cloth, and nothing comes up. Am I calling this the wrong thing? Im trying to get ideas of the price and size of it, and I can't get any hits at all. What am I doing wrong?

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I know tractor supply carries it near me I'm not sure how big a roll they carry. I get mine from a local feed and building supply. You might have to call to see if they carry it.

3. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    They might call it welded wire fencing?

4. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    I bought a roll of 1/2 inch by 4ft x25 ft at the home depot here for $29.98 a week ago. It is called hardware cloth as far as I know.
    randy

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    On Lowes' website it's under utility fencing. At the store itself they keep it in the garden section. We don't have Tractor Supply around here, so I get my fencing supplies from Lowes. It's a lot cheaper there then at the Farmers Union.

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Well I guess you can call me stupid, because I looked up Lowes under their utility fencing and STILL can't find it. I guess Ill just make some phone calls tomorrow. I hate going into town this time of year, but I might just have to do it. Thanks for all your help.

7. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    y'know; at my Home Depot, they didn't carry it. Had to go to a feed store. They have stuff that's similar, to cover vents and such; but it won't protect your chickens.

I think it also goes by the name of Rabbit wire...nice thick stuff.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  8. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    type mesh in search:)

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh yeah, you guys are my newest best friends, thats for sure! Thanks!!!![​IMG]: I think I will check my local hardware and feed stores and see if they have any larger rolls. But thats the stuff!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by