Am I just stupid?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 19Dawn76, Jan 19, 2010.

1. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    We were shopping at Old Navy tonight and when it was time to check out they asked me if I wanted to buy some Flip Flops to send to Haiti. I bought 8 for 20.00. When we got back out to the car and my husband asked me how much I spent I told him the amount and added that 20 of it was for the shoes. He rolled his eyes and called me naive. Is he right? I mean Old Navy is a national store so it can t be a scam can it?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    No, it probably wasn't a scam. The way I look at it is this-you made the donation out of the goodness of your heart, if they misuse said donation then it's on them. You TRIED to do the right thing.

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think you were stupid...I'm guessing it was the real deal. Maybe check their website to see if they mention it there? You did a good thing in my book.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I dont think its scam..Old Navy would have WAAAAAY too much to loose with a scam like that...

5. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

If it was in the store, the clerk at the register rang it and it's on the reciept, its not a scam. I worked retail for years and trust me, there's no way they can run a scam if it's on the store registers. It's all computerized and the transactions are monitored.

6. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Your heart was in the right place, and I imagine it will help someone in Haiti. You aren't naive, you are kind.

7. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I think he is still smarting from an incident 13 years ago. Feed the children, an income tax check, PMS, and him sleeping in late were involved. [​IMG]

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Quote:OOO, I have a darn good idea what happened there. lol, memories.......[​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    No, you did good.

10. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:Regardless of whether or not Old Navy is really gonna send 8 pair of flip-flops to Haiti (it's legit, I'm sure), that's still not a very nice thing for your husband to have said. And, over what...$20?

There is another past decision you could scrutinize, ya know.. A much more important one. One that will...or, may affect the rest of your life. Perhaps he should be reminded of that... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by