Am I nuts?? Answer: Maybe somewhere OUTSIDE BYC! Pictures Added

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    To be excited for the POINT OF LAY?? I have two pullets, well six but two who are older. They are 13 weeks old now, and I cannot WAIT for their first eggs!! I figure Joon, my Barred Rock, will lay the first egg. Munk is an easter egger and I have heard they tend to wait until about 30 weeks. If Joon starts laying around 20-22 weeks, will Munk feel obligated to join in? Or is that wishful thinking? LOL!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    [​IMG] Haha I am excited for you! You have beautiful little girls!

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    LOL No, we were all in your place at one point [​IMG] My McMurry EE did take longer than the rest and the others laying didn't make her lay any sooner. It just mage it all that much more exciting to get that 1st green egg. I made green eggs and ham out of the 2 for DS [​IMG]

4. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Well, of course you are. And in great company on this board. [​IMG] Pictures please.

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Pictures of the eggs when they are laid? Or the girls now? [​IMG]

I also have 4 Wyandotte pullets quarantined in the house at the moment, but I expect them to be later layers as well. Closer to 30 weeks too, although they ARE hatchery birds so who knows??

I get so much joy out of these girls. Today they were both perched in the orange tree that is in their run! I think they were hot and the thick branches and leaves kept them cooler or something. I got worried though because Munk is NOT coordinated whatsoever, and I just keep waiting for her to do a suicidal nosedive off whatever perch she happens to be using. I love her though, and ended up helping her out of the tree because she was doing her pathetic grumble bwak noises.

Isn't it funny how we learn their indavidual noises?? Just like kids, you know when they are in trouble, or just whining. It's great. Joon is much more independent, and wants nothing to do with accepting help for ANYTHING. I swear she could be getting attacked by a grizzley bear and I would try to help and she would be like "MOM BACK OFF I HAVE THIS HANDLED!" lol!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They are so wonderful to watch, I am excited for that first brown egg from Joon. And when Munk finally lays it's green eggs and ham for my 5 year old nephew!! He is just as excited as I am because while he is with me he will be collecting the eggs. It's great and a total family affair. I was in SF today and my mom was texting me funny stories about Joon and Munk, it was great but made me homesick lol, I am glad to be home now!!

I have not learned the wyandotte's personalities yet though, but I am starting to. Gnosis is one of my Blues, and Osiris another of my Blues are both pretty shy. They tend to stay at the back of the brooder, while my two blue laced reds are flying OUT of the brooder to explore the world. One of the Splash BLRW, Butternut, actually wandered around the living room a little bit today. The other Splash BLRW, Echo, just perches on the brooder tub content to watch the world from there. All four are 8 weeks old or so. (Guess from some BYC members)

They are all wonderful [​IMG] I can post pictures of them but wasn't sure if you wanted pictures of the chickens themselves, or the eggs when they are laid?

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Who cares? Post pictures of the girls NOW and of the eggs LATER.

I don't think there's anyone on BYC that doesn't enjoy chicken photographs.

Just to prove my point, I'm posting a photo of Ellen, happily perched on the back of a yard chair.
    [​IMG]

7. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! Oh man I hope my blue wyandotte looks like that!! [​IMG] What breed is she? Hope that's not an obvious answer [​IMG] I am still new to anything besides EE and Barred Rocks haha. Funnily enough I am watching a totally funny Ellen stand up show right now LoL! Alright, picture time of the chickies!

Joon, my 13 week old Barred Rock girl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Munk 13 week old EE pullet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The two girls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new girls! (splash blr and blue wyandottes)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    omg all your girls are beautiful!!!

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good looking girls!

10. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    I LOVE that one picture of Joon and Monk together with their heads both cocked the same way. Such cuties!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by