Am I over reacting or would you be just as MAD!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesterday was STORM WARNING alert all over North Florida. I was very aware of that and knew if something comes up, my kids would be safe at school where it is a designed storm shelter. Well, it didn't go that way...
    My sister-in-law's boyfriend showed up with my 2 kids and his one EARLY, school wasn't even out yet. I didn't like the look of that. I asked him why he had my kids and he said that PAPA and the Princible told him to take them home. That wasn't right, he has no authority to release my kids from school, doesn't matter if Papa told him to go ahead or not! I was [​IMG] . They would be safer at the school if a Tornadoe hits then they would be at home! Hubby called his dad, PAPA, and asked if he told the boyfriend to take the kids and Papa said NO, he didn't even know that he took the kids. STRIKE 2! Im pregnant and hormones are acting SKY high and IM a ticking time BOMB! You better believe that the boyfriend didn't leave my house with a head!
    He had the GUTS to tell me "CHILL OUT, it's not a big deal!" took every inch of strength not to just STRANGLE the mess out of him!

#1- he took my kids out of school WITHOUT my permission
    #2- He lied about talking to the kids' grandfather over the issue (Papa is a bus driver)
    #3- He had the guts to tell ME to chill out over a matter relating to my KIDS

Once Mama Bear gets [​IMG] you better start running cuz things dont get any prettier!

About 4pm the emergancy service called us and told us that all kids riding the BUS are to stay at the gym until the storm warning has passed. My husband explained to them that we didn't give permission for our kids to be release from school to their cousin's father. They told us they were not aware of it, that the kids on their list of who was at the gym. My kids can't be in 2 places at once! I told Papa that if the boyfriend takes my kids out of school again, I WILL call the cops on him! This isn't a matter that I play games with.

2. pattypenny

pattypenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2007
    you are right to be concerned. I would make big waves over this.

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Is he listed at school to be able to pick up your kids... if not I would go up to the school and let them have it... only my sister or my mom is allowed besides me and my hubby to pick up my kids...

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I would also call the school and make sure they review their policy on who they are allowed to release the kids to... and whomever released them would get a HUGE piece of my mind also.

5. Quote:No, he does not. Only people other then hubby and me that can take the kids out of school is their Papa and their Meme (my land lady, she is like a mother to my husband).

Hubby is calling the school in a bit, office is not really open until 8am, still got 30 minutes.

Just cuz he is their cousin' dad, does not make it right!

6. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I find it rather hard to believe that a school would allow children to be removed from the premises by a distant relative during operating hours without prior approval from the parents. Schools are just not that careless in my experience. Now my experience is limited I will admit, but that seems over the top.

To answer your question- I'd be mad.

7. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I would be livid...everyone who may have considered being envovled in that episode would get a piece of my mind...
    fl does not have a very good record in protecting children in the "system" or not...that moron who said, "no big deal" would be carrying his head under his arm for a long time had he taken my kids to the bathroom in their own house without me knowing it or giving permission...too many kids are disappearing and being murdered...this is no laughing matter...everyone dropped the ball here...the school in particular in releasing them to an unauthorized person...it makes blood shoot out of my eyes to think they may have released your kids to a predator...

8. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I would be livid! And the school would definitely be getting a huge piece of my mind!

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I would be so angry at him too! [​IMG] Maybe you should tell the school not to let him sign out your kids????? Just a thought.

10. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    At the risk of being beaten up...

Without knowing any of the parties involved, my assumption would be that sister-in-laws boyfriend likely felt that he was doing you a favor by picking the kids up. If storm warnings normally result in buses not running on time, he may have felt that he was saving you or your husband a trip to pick up the kids later. Or he may be a complete butt.

In regards to the school side of things, before I can even begin to form an opinion, I have unanswered questions. One is whether the person who released the children at school knew that boyfriend had a family connection to your kids. Secondly, had he picked up the children before with your permission? If so for either or both, once again the people involved may have felt that they were doing you a favor by saving you a trip. At the same time, if your child's school is anything like any other school I have ever been in, I'm sure the slightest hint of bad weather causes a line of parents out the office door to pick up children. When 20 parents are in line to pick up their children, their neighbors children, grandchildren and on and on and on, the person in charge likely assumed boyfriend was to pick up your children as well. While this doesn't excuse the person from responsibility, I'm sure they would never intentionally put any children in harm's way.

As I said earlier, my thoughts may be way off, but they are my thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by