Am I really a Muscovy?

jdywntr

Songster
10 Years
Oct 31, 2009
Somerville, AL
I have an almost 7 week old duckling that was a rescue. I have had it for a month now. I posted pics before and everyone was thinking muscovy. She is starting to get her feathers in and her coloring is making me think NOT muscovy. Any ideas?

At 3 weeks
43796_hmm_duck_003.jpg

And today.
43796_stinky_001.jpg

Chest is brown and black, the white collar has developed but not feathered yet. Underside is mostly white with some brown/black areas.

And excuse the eye, she's got foamy eye which I'm treating.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....
I'm wondering what she is. The girl that had her didn't know only that she bought her at the flea market. She is pretty good size. About 1/2-2/3 as big as my ~12 week muscovy female.

If not muscovy, any ideas to breed?

I'd google pics of Muscovy and see if she looks anything like they should at that age.

It's always a crap shoot at flea markets.

Hope you like her anyhow,

Rancher

The bill looks Muscovy but her butt is too short and the down is pretty wispy-looking.... maybe a muscovyX ? rouen muscovy? very cute though!

Is her eye okay? she looks to be squinting in the newest pic and it looks a little red maybe.

Quote:
She has foamy eye. I'm treating it.
She has a deeper body than my muscovy. I hope she's not a mix but I guess it doesn't matter. I also hope that she is a she.
lol.png

Quote:
nope nope nope. just look at the bill, the squat biuld, the feat, color and just the not muscovyness of it

Back
Top Bottom