1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I REALLY an EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bustermommy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    This (the one standing on the feeder) is supposed to be an EE, but has a single comb, bright yellow legs, teeny bit of black near end of toes. To me (but I'm reeeeaaaaalllly new), she looks like a really poor example of a partridge rock. Opinions please.

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Not an EE. Maybe a partridge rock, not really familiar with them though. [​IMG]

3. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    That is Not an EE.....a close u on the feathering would help to ID what it is...hard to see the pattern in the photo you posted

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I agree a closer pic would be helpful. A partridge rock or maybe a welsummer? Is she laying yet? If so, what color eggs?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    My first thought was a welsummer, but I do not know for sure.

6. greenegglover

greenegglover Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Definately need a couple more pics. I'm leaning towards a EE Roo....also post how old it is with pic.
    I have some EE girls that have the welsummer look but green legs. Is this one in question laying??
    Keep us posted!

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I can tell you it's not a welsummer. Closer pics would help.

8. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    I'll try to get a closer pic today. She is 8 weeks old, not laying yet, no red on her comb at all and its not very large.

[​IMG]

She's named Hunts for Others based on her mealworm hunting and retention of worms from yesterday. Poor thing only got to eat 1 in 6. But it was funny.

It's hard to see (why won't they stand still) but she has partridge looking marking on her shoulders and brown/red barring lower.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I agree, that looks like a partridge rock. The duckwing feathers are kind of throwing me though. But to be honest, it's fair game on genetics with hatchery stock.

10. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    nope, not an EE

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by