Am I robbing my daughters (Christmas) childhood...?

Quote:
I wont get in to the gifts thing cause there is no right or wrong there.

But My opinion for santa, the tree, an all the other little things. It may be no big deal to you but it sounds like it is to your kid. An if it is to her it should be to you.

Quote:
I think your dad watched Seinfeld.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I must have missed a post or something...where does it say that her kid feels like Christmas needs to be a big deal?

The OP stated that Santa is a "real big thing" to her daughter. This make this situation a bit different than those who do not incorporate Santa and the "magic" of Christmas into their celebration.

Quote:
I must have missed a post or something...where does it say that her kid feels like Christmas needs to be a big deal?

I probably read it wrong but I got the impression that the kid was in to the tree an all that other stuff.

Quote:

It never said her kids were poor but you ran with it. Unless you thought I was calling their family poor with my post, in which case that's even more ridiculous.

You don't have to make a big deal or spend a lot of money to celebrate Christmas with the "Santa" tradition. If as it says in your post, that the big deal to her is Santa, why not go along with it? You don't need a tree (or a chimney) for santa to come either, but it is traditional. I get the feeling that you are not in the mood to "do Christmas" or deal with the decorating and all the work that comes with it. You don't have to go all out. Why don't you have the gifts/Santa for your daughter since it is important to her (and you are only that age once) but skip all the other stuff that you are not interested in doing this year?

Quote:

The OP stated that Santa is a "real big thing" to her daughter. This make this situation a bit different than those who do not incorporate Santa and the "magic" of Christmas into their celebration.

Theres the confusion. OP said santa was a big thing to her. If "Her" meant "mom" then no, her opinion does not mean much here. If "her" meant "daughter" which is how I read it then see my first post.

Quote:
Well i was like 5 when she said that LOL

I was probably 9 when I thought about him looking at me in the shower...
tongue.png

By the time I was nine, I didn't believe in Santa anyways
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom