Am i the only one? Merry Chickmas!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jeeper1540, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have always believed everyone in the family, animal or not, should get at least 1 Christmas Present. I always get a bag of treats for the dog, or a salt lick for the horse and cow, etc... i was wondering, am i the only one who buys Christmas Presents for their flock? [​IMG]
    I know im crazy lol. just checking to see if anyone else is.
    I got them a bell shaped bird seed hanging thing, and then i got them a big (probably 1' by 6") Seed Block, and the cage that goes in it. i figure after they eat the cake up, i still have the hanging cage thingy to put a new one if if i feel like spending $5 on the spoiled little birds [​IMG]

2. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    LOL! When I lived in the country a bit more we used to go to the stables where our horses were boarded and give all the horses (we knew) carrots for christmas eve and wished them a happy christmas. My dog always gets one of those HUGE cow femur bones (I think cow) for christmas, and the kitties get treats and toys as well. I will have to share some of the christmas ham with my chickens, they LOVE meat lol. This is my first christmas with chickens though, these girls at least. [​IMG]

Happy Holidays! to you and all the animals [​IMG]

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    No. you are not alone. When I was little, there was a rumor that on Christmas eve at midnight, animals could talk. And at school before break we all talked about what we would talk about with them.

My parents said that if I could stay up that late I could walk across the street to the stables and find out. I never made it. But my animals have gotten treats or presents ever since.

My husband got 50lbs of sunflower seed for the chickens yesterday. I was just planning on tortillas. And if my son does not find another squeaky jack for the dog before Christmas he'll pop. The elusive dog toy of the year. [​IMG]

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Everybody gets a special Christmas dinner.

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i am getting 'flock block' for mine- might last a day but they will have lots of fun with it- and we always gave our pets stockings and easter baskets! after all they are part of the family..[​IMG]

from our flock to yours- noel wishes you all a blessed Christmas!
    [​IMG]

6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I bought mine a Flock Block [​IMG] I would have bought the Dog something but she don't like anything Dog related

7. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    I got mine a new waterer that can be also turned into a feeder. It's green and has designs on the water holder. Designs of a chick, a hen, and a rooster. I'm also getting them a container with mealworms. The two parakeets get a seed perch (tis the season to get fat) and I'm stuffing their stockings with millet spray. The fish get nothing, they are Jewish.

8. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    All of my animals have stockings, including my seven chickens. The chooks are getting a large Flock Block. I also got them a tub of 10,000 mealworms, but I couldn't resist and gave them to them early. The kitties are getting treats and an Emery Cat, and the dogs are getting stuffing-less skunks and racoons, and blankies. Both of my dogs like to carry around fleece blankies and sleep with them. I bought them rawhide bones, but they saw them in the bag while I was putting groceries away and stole them. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

[​IMG]

9. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad i aint the only one! I thought i got my hens a stocking last year, but i cannot seem to find one, so i guess i will give them my extra stocking! Whenever i have a bunch of 1 thing, like chickens or rabbits, I just get one big stocking and write "The Chickens" on there. Cute stockings though crawfordmama

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I'm looking for some vegetable netting, like what avocados come in, or oranges.... I was thinking of filling it with grapes, bread bits, some other greens, and suchlike. I want to hang it from the shepherd's hook in the run For The Chickens From Santa. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by