1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am i the only one that does this? (women only)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ShellyBear, Sep 20, 2015.

1. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Hello I just had 15 chicks come in last week a I have imprinted on one of them and now I carry him where ever I go. The thing is I'm not a big bag or purse person so I carry the chick in my bra. I think and I don't think its bad, and he loves being carried around. He some how potty trained himself, so every time I take him out he poops then jumps right back in. Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this. Thank you!

Raven

2. Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    Uhhhhh i can not say i do this one. My question is are you (if you have kids) did they recently move out? This sounds like my moms empty nest syndrome, the dog became her replacement lol.

3. ShellyBear

Jun 10, 2010
    No I have not had any children yet. Though I do understand what you are saying, I do treat my chickens/chicks like my own kids.[​IMG]

4. Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    Lol so k it just sounded so like something my mom would do. Not sure i could handle their toe nails in my bra ow. What are you going to do when he/she gets bigger?

5. Zinniah

Zinniah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2015
    Texas
    I would get one of those mini dog carrier purse things for him. Would be much better in many ways. He would have more room for walking, you can put a bit of bedding for him to scratch in depending on which bag you chose. Get a couple little containers with lids for food and water, and sit the bag down and open them so he can heat and drink in there. (I googled mini dog carrier, and saw some really good candidates for a chick.)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  6. ShellyBear

Jun 10, 2010
    Good idea for when he gets older. I just got back from a nice bike ride with the little chick don't worry he's still alive.[​IMG] I used to take my full grown bantams on bike rides and they would stand on my shoulder while spreading their wings.

7. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    Dirty old man > [​IMG] He must be a little rooster.

Dirty old man x2 >[​IMG] Any pictures? [​IMG] .

8. ShellyBear

Jun 10, 2010
    [​IMG] This is a pic of when he was younger. I do believe that he is a rooster, and he is also a porcelain mille fluer. Good joke about the old man![​IMG]

9. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    I have wrapped one in my shirt for warmth, but I can honestly say that none have ended up in my bra intentionally. I did have one sneak a hop into my tank with a built in, but she was quickly removed lol.

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Personally, I would never consider it......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by