Am I the only one who is staying away from the

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tazcat70, Feb 24, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

feed stores? I don't think I could control myself. My dad went a couple of days ago and he said they had guineas, turkeys, and ducks. I can't remember if he said they had chicks or not. I thought that they might have gotten their first shipment, and I was right. So I have been going to a small feed store instead of Atwoods. Yes, you can call me a chicken! Bok bok!

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] I don't have any trouble staying away from the feed stores! My DH works in a feedmill so I don't have to go for feed-just send the list with him. [​IMG]

3. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    I wish I could stay away. Try working part time in one. I want everything that comes through the door!

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    My friend is in charge of ordering the chicks at our local feedstore and I went to a poultry show with her and her family this weekend. She told me everything they just got in, and man, I want some! They got in over 400 chicks this past week, and they got some EEs that I've been wanting. [​IMG]

5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I could not work in one!!! I was listening as 2 employees were talking last fall, there were some ducks that were getting older and one lady said that she would buy these for $1.00 too.

I would be coming home with all sorts of stuff. I would just be working off my bill. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by