Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NancyP, May 2, 2009.

1. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I am so bummed. I can't start my journey with chickens till after we move in September. Being patient sucks. I did go ahead and buy me a bator and lots of books.
    any one want to join my pity party? [​IMG]

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I can make a cake for your party. [​IMG] I know. I have to wait a year to get my silkies.

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I'm sorry NancyP. But at least you have time to get your supplies, learn a bunch, plan your coop, etc. You'll be all set when your chickens do come. Do you know what breeds you want?

I would have preferred to wait, and learn first, then get chickens. Unfortunately, they were forced on me one day, when I had no intentions of ever getting into chickens! AKA-"get these chickens off my property, or I'll shoot them!"

September will be here before you know it, then we want pictures, okay? Good luck with your move. [​IMG]

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I know that waiting really seems to suck but take the time to learn and prepare as much as you can. I wish I would've [​IMG] Then when September comes have at it get 5 of every breed [​IMG]

5. NancyP

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I know I want guineas cause we will be in southern Alabama where there are lots of bugs and I am undecided between Delawares and speckled Sussex. May just have to get both [​IMG]
    It's kinda funny but the more I learn the more questions I think of.

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I know how you feel. I have to wait for my new Silkies too. Just a little longer now...I hope. [​IMG]

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Dont you love being a military wife? Always on the move. Cant wait until we do our last move.

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Hey, we live in S. GA, so we'll be "neighbors". LOL I suggest both Speckled Sussex and Delawares. LOL

Trust me, the more experience you get with chickens, the more questions you'll raise. They'll give you situations you never thought to even ask about before. LOL

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    It will be worth the wait................. [​IMG]

10. NancyP

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Thank guys, I new you all would understand my frustration. It will be strange going from Army wife to out on the farm wife but after 25 years I am sooo ready for the change.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by