Am I their mama?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FingerLakesChick, Jun 6, 2007.

1. FingerLakesChick

FingerLakesChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    OK, this may sound crazy but I really think my chicks think I'm their mama!! I spend a lot of time with my girls, talking and playing and giving treats, but this morning, I just didn't really have the extra time. Well they cried and carried on and I couldn't leave the house without going back down to the basement and conversing just a little bit more with them... they settled right down, but as soon as I left I could hear them squawking and carrying on something awful!! Have I created monsters? I couldn't find anything wrong with any of them, the heat was good, plenty of water, plenty of food. The pen is clean. What's up with these little girls?

2. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Of course your are their momma. They miss you when you are gone. [​IMG]

3. FingerLakesChick

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    Well I guess I am just going to have to quit my job and stay home with them. I'll tell my DH tonite, I'm sure this will go over real well!! [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Of course you are thier momma. I have ruined my baby duck..I am its momma..and its not happy unless I am holding it. sigh...being a momma at 45....THATS tough! LOL

5. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Or how about taking them along with you to work. Isn't there a "take your chicks to work day"? You know get one of those designer totes, like the celebrities use with their pets. You and the chicks are good to go!

6. FingerLakesChick

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    That's too funny, my co-workers and I were just talking about having a bring your pet to work day!!

I'm telling ya... I felt soo bad when I left them this morning. Maybe I'll put a radio next to them during the day when I'm gone.

I'm such a sappy sap!!

7. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    I did leave some music playing for them when I was away for awhile, they seem to like it. Now that they are older and free ranging I have trouble walking across the yard because I have so many chicks following Mama!

8. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    My chicks do that too, they also follow me around everywhere, its cute but it can get annoying when you are constantly trying to becareful about stepping on them. [​IMG]
    They also jump up into my hands when i lean over the coop to pick one up. When i go in the fencing around the coop i've always got some that like to ride on my shoes. [​IMG]

9. FingerLakesChick

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    It makes you feel so good that they love you so much, but heaven forbid if you just want to sneak a peak at them, or just go by them without them seeing you and they SEE you!! Well LOOKOUT!! You're gonna hear about it!!

10. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Quote:I have to agree completly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by