Am I too impatient?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bgates1970, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bgates1970

bgates1970 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Elko, MN
    I have 3 RIR, 3 SLW, 3 Buff Orps and 3 Leghorns. They just turned 16 weeks old yet no eggs. From what I've been reading on other posts is that I should expect eggs around week 18. Is this true? If so, I'm probably too impatient. I just want to see my hard work get rewarded with some fresh eggs. I've already got my first recipe on stand-by.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm not expecting any until week 20. If some come before that, I'll count myself lucky.
    Friday, ours'll be 14 weeks.

3. bgates1970

bgates1970 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Elko, MN
    Okay! I'm too impatient. I guess I'll just admire them for a couple more weeks.

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine are 13 weeks. Getting a little ancy here too! I'm trying to just be patient and enjoy.... [​IMG] Will be over the moon excited when we get that first egg! [​IMG]

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I have 3 SLW pullets and 1 Welsummer pullet that turned 20 weeks today, and still NO EGGS!! [​IMG] I have 3 BLRW pullets that are 18 1/2 weeks, nothing there either. [​IMG] The rest are all younger. Come on eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. chick-e-chick

chick-e-chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    Ours are 16 weeks and we got our first egg yesterday and another today. I couldn't believe it, I was so excited and I have to say I wasn't expecting any for another few weeks, I even accused my neighbour of planting it there LOL!!!!!!

Only one of three is laying though, in fact one hasn't even developed it's wattles and only has a tiny comb (bit worried about that!!) The one that's layed has a lovely red face with big wattles and a decent comb.

So, could be any time now I'd think. It feels like it's never going to happen though doesn't it!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by