Am I truly chicken crazy? Pls tell me it isn't so!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Life is Good!, May 20, 2011.

1. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    We've had our chicks for 3wks. As they are getting bigger, and we're actually USING what we designed, I'm finding all sorts of 'modifications' I'd like to do....
    on our NEXT coop. [​IMG]

Yep, planned this one for nearly a year. Now, I'm thinking of the NEXT one?! [​IMG]

Am I completely looney or is this how chicken math starts?! [​IMG]

(husband would vote for the looney option...although he's coming around to this idea. Will more so when there's fresh eggs daily!) [​IMG]

Did I mention that it took me nearly a month to complete the build on this coop? And the one I'm starting to plan for now will be (gulp) bigger and (sigh) less easy on the budget?

I think it's [​IMG] or insanity. To which you all belong too! [​IMG]

2. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Life is Good! :

We've had our chicks for 3wks. As they are getting bigger, and we're actually USING what we designed, I'm finding all sorts of 'modifications' I'd like to do....
    on our NEXT coop. [​IMG]

Yep, planned this one for nearly a year. Now, I'm thinking of the NEXT one?! [​IMG]

Am I completely looney or is this how chicken math starts?! [​IMG]

(husband would vote for the looney option...although he's coming around to this idea. Will more so when there's fresh eggs daily!) [​IMG]

Did I mention that it took me nearly a month to complete the build on this coop? And the one I'm starting to plan for now will be (gulp) bigger and (sigh) less easy on the budget?

This is not just how it starts..... It is how it works! Just remember you passing chicken math, next is chicken Algebra, then I will be you teacher of chicken Calculus! Haha I love chicken math! Everyone loves fresh eggs!

Nate​

3. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Life is Good! :

[​IMG] Too true! [​IMG]

4. Terrie Mac

Terrie Mac Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    I'm getting my very first chicks next week but…didn’t know chickens require math! I’m geared up for all the fuss and muss but if it requires me to crunch numbers I WILL lay an egg![​IMG]

5. ngamtnman

ngamtnman Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    North GA
    That's normal. [​IMG] I started with 15 last year and have 65+ now (55 of them right now are chicks). Lol. [​IMG]

6. motoclown

motoclown Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    New Castle, PA
    Started with 5 chickens last year and now we have 40.........

It will be a year in a week, that I joined this site and now
    we have 2 coops and are turning our brooder into a small coop.

7. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    Oh No I'm doomed!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by