Am I wasting my time?

crazy chook

Songster
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
Langwarrin, Victoria
I have a blue/red xbreed roo that I would like to put over my black girls and white girls.

This is him (photo is from 4 weeks ago)

53611_100_5398.jpg

I would like to breed some coloured chicks with blues in them. Am I going about this the wrong way? I am wanting some blue colour in my flock of mainly black and white.

Any suggestion on what the chicks may turn out like or could i get throwbacks from using a xbreed roo? (i just think he is really pretty) i like his colour and crest and feathered feet.

If it's for your own flock, why not? Your best bet would be breeding blue x black - 50/50 split of blue and black chicks. If your white birds are recessive white you would get 1/2 white 1/2 blue. However, if they're dominant white you'll only get white. Of course, depending on the backgrounds of your roo and hens it could be something completely unexpected, too.
lol.png

His name is Rastus, he is a silkie x with something?

He is really sweet, jumps into the feed bid as I am getting the food out, is always under my feet.

I have a black crested hen, white crested hen, white and brown crested hen, black frizzle and white frizzle hens that I would like to put him in with. I guess I will see how I go with colour.

he is kinda funky looking, but in a good way, he is very pretty, congrats. I think you should try it and see what you get, after all its for your own flock and you never know what you might get so i say give it a go, more chickens are always good (and you might end up with some real cute/pretty ones too)!, you never know... lol
big_smile.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom