1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I weird?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cats Critters, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I shoveled out a path to the chickens and a chicken room (space shoveled out) today along with a path to our parking area, the steps and deck, and a bathroom space for Nick (our dog). They seemed to enjoy the new space, but does anyone else do this after fair amount of snow that has been around for several days?

A picture on the path I made last year:
    [​IMG]

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Well I guess that would make me weird too if that is the case bc I do the same thing!!

3. Cats Critters

Quote:I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I refuse to shovel anymore of this white bull manure. The chickens don't care, they've learned where the dry spots are.

33 degrees can't come fast enough for me, but no I don't think you are weird.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You are an active member of BYC and you dare to ask if you are weird?[​IMG]:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

6. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Mine are in an enclosed run and I shovel that out for them to bare dirt. I have it covered with a tarp, so usually no more than an inch blows in on the ground out there. If they free ranged, I'm SURE I'd be shoveling paths for them!! I don't think you are weird, I think you are a good chicken owner! [​IMG]

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:What she said!! [​IMG]

8. Cats Critters

Thanks your making me feel less abnormal, and Gritsar you would die up here!

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Actually no. I used to travel to PA alot for business. Didn't like northern snow anymore than I like the southern version. I was born in Florida for a reason.

10. Cats Critters

Well the dog who normal doesn't like to wade into snow, instead of using the nice space I cleared out for him, went and jumped in the snow to go [​IMG] While at least the chickens appreciated my work [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by