Am in Houston TX and would like to meet other people

lutula09

Hatching
Feb 18, 2015
Hello my name is Luis and am in Houston TX I just got a few chick's and I would like to meet other people that could help me with care and tips.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

What breeds do you have?

A few tips I can give is to make sure you are lowering the brooder temp by 5 degrees each week. It should have started out at 95 degrees and around week 4 it should be lowered enough that it is at room temp. Then you can remove the source of heat.

Make sure they always have water. Apple cider vinegar in their water is great for boosting their immunity.

Good luck and welcome!

Welcome Luis, nice to meet you. If you want to meet chicken folks - put "Texas state thread" in the search box. Then you can post there and see if anyone lives near you.

Welcome to BYC, Luis. Glad you decided to our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas, and my sister and brother-in-law used to live in the Houston area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Hi :welcome Luis

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate Wishing you the very best of luck with them in the future. Good luck on the Texas state thread I'm sure you will find lots of people near you there.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC Luis!
frow.gif

If you have questions, feel free to post.

Nice to have you join us!

Back
Top Bottom