Am SMRT. Ran out of crumbles last night

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickchoon1, Dec 25, 2014.

1. chickchoon1

chickchoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    Ohio
    thinking I had a bag of them in store but as it turns out its scratch! So for Christmas day they get scratch, 2 heads romaine lettuce, old oatmeal, old greens, biscuits(I don't eat them-junk food-my mom gave them to me for chix!),tomatos. They will be OK, I hope, until tomorrow when I can get to store at 7 am to feed the dumb chickens. I jest. Just annoyed that I thought I had it covered and the chickens, as usual, seem to rule. Hope their guts can handle this.

2. Silvey17

Silvey17 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2014
    When I run out of feed, I feed them leftovers, scratch, leaves, grass, and some BOSS for protein. I also let them free-range for the whole day so that they can scratch for their food.

3. chickchoon1

chickchoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    Ohio
    Of course.They're loose everyday anyhoos so I knew they wouldn't starve to death. I was mostly worried they would wander more than usual and I would have to keep more of an eye on them and I wanted to be lazier on Christmas day! They got their usual food this morning and are out tearing up the yard. Grazers are what they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by