1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Amateur Chicken Farmer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by UrbanCrestFarm, Aug 25, 2013.

1. UrbanCrestFarm

UrbanCrestFarm Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2013
    Ohio
    Hi from southeast Ohio! Amateur chicken farmer here who one day hopes to go pro! I have 20 chickens at the moment. The breeds I know (or think I know) are 11 Golden Comets, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Black Copped Maran, 1 Barred Rock.

We were lucky in that our chicken operation was set up when we bought our house 2 years ago. The place came with 12 Chickens and we have added and subtracted some to settle on the current 20. I am also getting 3 more Rhode Island Reds this week.

Our coop is a very roomy shed with a large, fully enclosed, run as well as a fenced off area of the yard as an "open run". I also just set up a smaller coop with an enclosed run next to our larger coop and hope to raise chicks in it in the spring.

I love having our chickens so i joined BYC to get all the tips and advice I can for making the most out of it. Follow me on Twitter (@UrbanCrestFarm) for my observations around our mini-farm, also, general silliness.

Hope to see you around BYC!

Scott

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] glad you joined our flock [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, UrbanCrestFarm, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard!

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

7. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by