Amazing Chickens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sgtmom52, Aug 9, 2008.

1. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Check out this "Craig's List" chickens for sale ad.

They have 2 chickens that lay 3 or 4 eggs a day! I should stop and check them out as they are close to where I live.

Chickens for sale good egg layers 2 hens 1 rooster - $30 (Dover)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-08-09, 11:38AM EDT

I have 2 leghorn hens that lay 3 to 4 eggs a day plus one leghorn rooster must take all 3 30.00 call 717-***-****. We are on bull rd near Hakes Grocery.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 789611195

2. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

lol! you should tell them that its not possible

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, there are commercial breeds that lay 2 eggs a day until they moult and then often the industry sends them off to market. They cannot reproduce as in a roo/hen fertilization (?) But as for 3 and 4 eggs, man oh man, she would be prolapsed before the age of 2!:eek:

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Two words: Ba Loney!

Leghorns are good layers, but not THAT good...
    And they have the personality of cacti...
    I have a Leghorn...

5. Lostdog

Lostdog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Quote:I used to live in Dover
    and you know it is not too far from TMI.[​IMG]

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:Hmmm - I didn't consider that. We live within the "10 mile" circle too! We have the alert sirens just down the road. Maybe her chickens lay 3 to 4 eggs a day and Glow in the Dark too! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    well she does live on "bull" Rd. I'd say that was some "bull". I hope she MEANT to say per week..I'd really hate to think someone thought the rest of us was that stupid.

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Yeah, I've heard of a Leggy that layed something like 379 eggs in 365 days, but 3-4 EACH per DAY? She's pulling your leg, probably the hens are so old they don't lay at all. Email her and ask if they also breathe fire, poop gold nuggets, and glow in the dark (thanks, sgsmom!)!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by