amazing luck! what a story.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mibotsu, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    First things first, i got a call from a friend of mine 2 weeks ago about a dog that had wondered in their yard. She is not a huge dog fan, and i had just had to put on of my dogs down about 8 months ago. My wife and me are very big on rescuing dogs. so we decided that its time to add a friend to the family for our other dog. we drove up there today(which is about 3 hours away) to get and get this puppy from here. Here is where it gets interesting. While on our drive up i spot a feed & seed store with a purina logo on it. I think for a split second about how i cannot find the Purina GBS 30% that I've been so disparately looking for, so i zip the car around and check it out. Walk in the store, come to find out the DO IN FACT carry the food i am looking for......ONE bag left, i snatch it up at a deal at 16 bucks a 50lbs bag.

long story short, i've been buying manna pro 24% online @ 10 bucks a 5lb bag(with shipping), you just never know when a good thing is gonna come your way.

we also go the dog lol.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    You just never know where you are going to find gamebird food. I have 2 small feed stores in my area and one carries it and the other doesn't. I have never understood that. Well, atleast you found a place that can keep you supplied with the good stuff. [​IMG]

Oh, and congrats on the new dog! You did a good thing by rescuing him/her. [​IMG]

3. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quail feed [​IMG]

Rescued dog [​IMG]

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

ya gotta post pics of the new pup!

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i'll toss one up here, don't want it to get to off topic tho lol, anyway

yea i was so happy to find the feed, only problem is its an hour and a half away from my house. I do have a feed store about 3 min away, they can order GBS but they said its not purina [​IMG] so i'm gonna talk to them when this bag gets low(either that or send my wife to her friends house for the night so she can get a bag on the way home [​IMG])

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Awesome on the pup and the feed! [​IMG]

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quail shaq 101 is the place for dog pix!!

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:manna pro 24% online @ 10 bucks a 5lb bag(with shipping) == 100$ for 50#, this dog saved you $84 already and your birds get more 6% more protein per mouthful, this is a good Quail dog in the making and deserves a framed picture [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by