1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Amazing rooster fight story!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PioneerPrincess, Dec 7, 2009.

1. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    When we came home, my brother went outside to play with the chickens. He came running inside saying the Golden Sebright chick was dead. So I rushed outside to the coop and picked up the lifeless bird. He had a really bloody head. From what we know one of our adult roos saw him as a threat and started fighting him. We know it was him as he had a bloody beak. My mom came up the hill with another brother and she suddenly saw his eye open ever so slightly. We rushed inside and started to heat him up. Then we wrapped him loosely in a towel, put him in a box, and set him next to the heat vent in my room with the lights off. About three hours later, I entered my room and I saw he was sitting up, sleeping. I started to stroke his back and he opened his eyes and started peeping!!! I offered him very little food and he ate it! It was so amazing. God showed us His amazing power. That little chick might have even been dead. We barely did anything and God has healed him. He is still a bit wobbly but is fine other than that.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow... I love miracle stories.

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Glad hes gonna make it!

4. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    awe, poor guy. Glad he's ok! [​IMG]

5. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Poor little guy, imagine the headache he has. I am glad he's getting better. Tough little dude!

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm glad the little one is ok. Maybe he had the sense to play dead for a bit and then had a chance to recover in the warmth of your home.

7. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

There is physical warmth and then there is the warmth of the spirit. I think a bit of both brought him through this PC...I'm glad you were there to give him each in equal and healing measure. Here's to his continued good recovery.

Were it me, I'd keep him inside for at least a few days. Then I'd make sure that he doesn't come into contact with your roo until this little guy is full grown, if that is at all possible. Good luck and let us know how he does.

8. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    When I picked him up that day, he wasn't even conscious and he was cold, so I don't think he really cared about going inside or being warm.
    He won't be going outside for a while. I am using a cat crate for him to stay in. There is a lamp over him to keep him warm and give him light. He just loves to be held and when I do hold him, he falls asleep. Here is a picture of him before it happened:

[​IMG]

9. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    One year when I was a kid my mother had some half grown bantams in a box on the sun porch. One got out and found his way into the bathroom. My mother found him drowned in the toilet. She fished out the "dead" body and put it under a metal garbage can lid in the sun on the sun porch until she had time to deal with it. Pretty soon she hear a faint squawwwwk. She checked and her dead bantam had come back to life. The winter sun coming through the glass and shining on the garbage can lid had warmed him up. She named him Lazerath (sp) after the character in the bible that Jesus brought back to life. We had him for many years and he was a special pet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by