**amazing tumor story**

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mainchick, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    My mother in law has always been significantly over-weight. She finally decided to have the weight loss surgery. Her insurance would pay for it but she had to go through classes. She did weight loss class, nutrition, and exercise class. the classes were great and she started loosing weight! She lost about 50 lbs, but her abdomen never seemed to get smaller. After awhile, the doctors did and ultrasound and found a large mass. they told her it looked like a non-cancer growth/cyst and they needed to surgically remove it. She went into surgery and they discovered a 17lb tumor! The tumor is cancer but it was removed. The doctors say that it looked like that was all for the cancer, but that she still needs chemo. The surgeons were all amazed at the size and weight of it. She was the talk of the hospital!! the surgeon showed us photos of it and it was huge and black. It was truly amazing. The decision to lose weight really saved her life. She is doing very well and healing fast. Lucky for her she is a strong woman and she will keep on truckin'!

2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    What an awesome story!!! Best wishes for you and your MIL!!

Cindy

3. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Its pretty amazing how things work out. Glad they found the tumor, not so happy it was cancer. Hope all goes well with the treatment. Just make sure she has good support for those days when it starts to feel like its a bit overwhelming.

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What an amazing story! [​IMG] I am so glad it turned out well. I hope she tolerates the chemo well! [​IMG] I'll be thinking of her. Be sure and post updates!

Shelly

5. mainchick

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    I hope that she does well with chemo too. She has been told that she will loose her hair for sure. She has had the same hairdo for 20 years!! Thanks for the support, I'm sure a few prayers can't hurt either!!

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Wow! What a story. I will be praying for her and your family. [​IMG]

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    What a testimony.

Prayers for the days and years ahead,
    g

8. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    Praying that all goes well.

9. mainchick

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    We saw her on Valentine's Day. She looks so much thinner already. She showed me the staples. she had over 100! Her healing looks great.

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Dang the things our bodies do! 17 pound tumor? I'm glad they got it out and I hope your mom recovers nicely. Good thing she decided to do this and they got it all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by