**amazing tumor story**

mainchick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Southern CA
My mother in law has always been significantly over-weight. She finally decided to have the weight loss surgery. Her insurance would pay for it but she had to go through classes. She did weight loss class, nutrition, and exercise class. the classes were great and she started loosing weight! She lost about 50 lbs, but her abdomen never seemed to get smaller. After awhile, the doctors did and ultrasound and found a large mass. they told her it looked like a non-cancer growth/cyst and they needed to surgically remove it. She went into surgery and they discovered a 17lb tumor! The tumor is cancer but it was removed. The doctors say that it looked like that was all for the cancer, but that she still needs chemo. The surgeons were all amazed at the size and weight of it. She was the talk of the hospital!! the surgeon showed us photos of it and it was huge and black. It was truly amazing. The decision to lose weight really saved her life. She is doing very well and healing fast. Lucky for her she is a strong woman and she will keep on truckin'!

Its pretty amazing how things work out. Glad they found the tumor, not so happy it was cancer. Hope all goes well with the treatment. Just make sure she has good support for those days when it starts to feel like its a bit overwhelming.

What an amazing story!
clap.gif
I am so glad it turned out well. I hope she tolerates the chemo well!
fl.gif
I'll be thinking of her. Be sure and post updates!

Shelly

I hope that she does well with chemo too. She has been told that she will loose her hair for sure. She has had the same hairdo for 20 years!! Thanks for the support, I'm sure a few prayers can't hurt either!!

We saw her on Valentine's Day. She looks so much thinner already. She showed me the staples. she had over 100! Her healing looks great.

Dang the things our bodies do! 17 pound tumor? I'm glad they got it out and I hope your mom recovers nicely. Good thing she decided to do this and they got it all.

Back
Top Bottom