1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Amazing...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    41,000 members yet we seldom have more than 500 of us di-hards on at the same time.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm sure several members are inactive, banned, come on here only to ask emergency questions, etc.

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Isn't 500 enough? At least I can get in a word about something before a dozen replies have gone through. Hehe

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Some people's questions never get answered. I wish all the "new eggs" would write more! Half the questions on this forum are from people who have written less than ten posts!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Ah, but some of us have to cook breakfast or brunch.
    The game plan for this dreary rainy day was: cook breakfast, eat, clean up the kitchen, scoop the litter box and then nap.
    I've shortened the plan to: cook, eat, scoop the box, nap. The kitchen isn't going anywhere, but the cats might if I don't scoop that box in a hurry.
    Nighty night!

6. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    A lot of people don't care about chatting, and afterall, you can get on here and find an answer to almost any question and be off in just a few minutes. You've got to admit, a lot of the questions are just reruns that have already been answered.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I'm here, I'm usually always on, just kinda lurking in the shadows.

8. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I havent been on nearly as often lately. I am getting a handle on the important things.... my kids, the house, laundry and meals around here. [​IMG]

9. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    oh dear, and it IS football season...for an old poop that lives in the middle of no where alone, well, check my signature line and see how alone I am, but I seem to keep awfully busy...the kids come by, the phone rings all day...it is feeding, cleaning, lawn work, training my young dog, company, a few boarders along the way...it is always something...I check in here a lot on coffee breaks and such, like now...I have my new 25 EEs from MPC that I sit and watch a lot...they are really pretty chicks...very busy and healthy...I have ten cockerals in the "kill pen" I have to get to this week...life is busy and full and I think many are just as myself...

[​IMG]

10. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    What is really amazing is that there are 500 of us with nothing better to do with our lives than to hang around on a chicken forum. Kinda sad when you think about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by