1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Amazon Prime anyone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Jan 28, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I found my KitchenAid mixer the cheapest on Amazon. What stinks is that it may not get shipped until Feb 2 if I use the free shipping. They have a free 1 month trial for Amazon Prime and if I sign up, I can get a free upgrade to 2-day shipping. Has anyone ever used this for the free shipping, then canceled it? Did you have any problems? I looked at the Terms and Conditions, but they don't tell you if they are gonna give you a hard time when you want to cancel the service. Here is a link with more info:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/prime..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15QF4A3J3B6GMWEBRS44

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I wanna know how much you got the mixer for!!

3. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Yep- we did that once.... then a month later actually paid for the amazon prime because we LOVED having the 2 day shipping and we order from them frequently. Plus- I think you can offer it to your relatives for "free" if you purchase an account and add them to the authorized users list. We have ad it for over 4 years now and think it's worth every penny. It often keeps us from buying in store at an extended price because we know we can have it in two days from amazon for a lot less. The savings make up for itself for us.

BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TO CANCEL IT AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR STUFF. There's no reminder, you just have to go into your account and not renew.

4. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Debi,

DH talked me into getting an Artisan instead of the 600series. The white and onyx black are 249.99. All the other colors are higher up to 299.99. The current rebate is $30 and amazon is offering free shipping so I would have $220 into it. I really wanted the gloss cinnamon color, but I don't think I can wait any longer for the extra $33 for it. Most of my small appliances are black anyways.

Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KSM150PSOB-Artisan-5-Quart-Mixer/dp/B00005UP2L/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1233166864&sr=8-2

You
    have to make sure it says eligible for free shipping since some of the stores don't offer it.

*edited to add link

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  5. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:That is good to know. We don't order off amazon enough to justify the $79 yearly fee so I would be using it solely for this mixer. DH thinks it would be a hassle to cancel, but if its simply unchecking a box, I can do that!

Thanks!

6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:Debi,

DH talked me into getting an Artisan instead of the 600series. The white and onyx black are 249.99. All the other colors are higher up to 299.99. The current rebate is $30 and amazon is offering free shipping so I would have $220 into it. I really wanted the gloss cinnamon color, but I don't think I can wait any longer for the extra $33 for it. Most of my small appliances are black anyways.

As long as you realize you aren't getting the powerful motor with the Artisan series. I stuck with the 600 series, I wanted the power and yes, there is a serious difference between those two model groups.

As for using Amazon Prime to get the shipping, I did it once, it worked, but I didn't keep Prime, I don't mind waiting a bit to get the free shipping. I dislike making what I consider loyalty payments to a company, my purchases should be proof enough to them that I'm a good customer.

7. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep- we did that once.... then a month later actually paid for the amazon prime because we LOVED having the 2 day shipping and we order from them frequently. Plus- I think you can offer it to your relatives for "free" if you purchase an account and add them to the authorized users list.

I got the free month trial and was planning to cancel - but I love it, too! Way cheaper for me than driving around to look at/find things.​

8. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Yes, I realize that. How often do you use yours?

9. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    YAY!!! I placed my order and used the Amazon Prime so it should be here by friday!! I was a little worried about the power but I don't bake more than 3 times a week. If I do decide to upgrade, I am sure I can sell it and get a bigger one. I am so excited!![​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:Yes, I realize that. How often do you use yours?

I used it a lot this past Christmas on all the cookies I bake. I can't handle stirring the dough by hand anymore, and most hand mixers die on the job, so the 600 was a real arm saver! I use it once or twice a week otherwise. It's a fantastic mixer.

I have to say, though, when I first got it I was disappointed at the 'dimple' at the bottom of the bowl and how things didn't mix right down there, until I found this great beater blade, you can get it at Amazon.com, it's called, appropriately enough, BeaterBlade. It mixes everything without having to scrape down the bowl, and even what's in that dimple. I don't know why Kitchenaid doesn't sell them with the unit! They come in all sizes to fit the various stand mixers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by