Amber Link laying early?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wvchickenchick311, Jun 20, 2019.

1. wvchickenchick311

wvchickenchick311 Songster

Apr 17, 2019
    West Virginia
    :yesss:Hi! My chicken Pancake has had several threads about her since she was 2days old.

This is the first Amber link I have ever had and the only one I have currently.

She is 17 weeks I think.

Anyway I was going out to the chicken coop because I thought I heard something attacking her and she was just out there screaming her head off. I didn’t know what was wrong with her so I shoved her in her house to let her calm down and little did I know she layed an egg!

Is this normal for this breed?

Anything will help!:thumbsup

I also have posted a thread recently about my duck. She is broody!
    And I am so so so happy for her! Any advice would be appreciated for both of my threads!
    Thank you so much https://www.backyardchickens.com/posts/21480274/

Texas Kiki, Pork Pie and fldiver97 like this.
  2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Enabler

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome :frow Nice to have you here! No experience with Amber links but many production breeds start laying at 16 - 20 weeks

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

4. wvchickenchick311

wvchickenchick311 Songster

Apr 17, 2019
    West Virginia
    Thanks Pork pie and fldiver97 I will look at that link and I didn’t know they layed so early! Thanks!

fldiver97 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: