1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Amber Link with black spots & black legs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by countryhouse, Apr 17, 2012.

1. countryhouse

countryhouse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2012
    I am a newbie at this so I could use some help. I bought some Amber Link pullets and this one is different! She has black legs and some black spots. Here is a picture of Lil' Kate from her first photo shoot :)[​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Where did you get her from?
    If at a TSC or other farm type store they could have gotten put back in the wrong bin, and not be an Amberlink.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. countryhouse

countryhouse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2012
    Yes, I did get her at Tractor Supply and there were only two of the spotted ones in with all the Amber Links which is why I wanted her ;) Would really like to know what she is? What color eggs she will lay?

4. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    They seem to always have them mixed up in the bins, Customers putting back where they don't belong and the employees sometimes don't know one fronm the other and stick them everywhere.

She could be an Califonia White or a AustraWhite. They both have black spots like that.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  5. Spangled

Spangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    Serenity Valley
    AustraWhites lay an almost white egg, though I have heard folks say they lay white eggs.[​IMG] The eggs I get from my AustraWhites are definitely not white, but quite close.

6. cadencemc

cadencemc New Egg

Apr 15, 2012
    Adorable! She looks very happy remember take good care of her. now back to the question. sometimes when the breeders are well... breeding they mess up and put chicks in the wrong box. Or sometimes the breeding fails.Help this worked [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by