Amber Waves Silkie Breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by realsis, Nov 19, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I just wanted to share with you all the great expirence I've had with Amber Waves silkie breeders. They are very nice folks and will answer any questions you might have. They offer DNA sex testing and other services like Hen Guarentees. They will ship world wide. I just recieved a 9 week old buff silkie baby from them Wed. She arrived on time healthy and safely. They have a exceptionally nice stock of silkies. I'm very pleased with them and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for silkies. Here are some picture's of my 9 week old baby I purchased from Amber Waves.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow, they seem great!

Their website(s) are a bit confusing though. Where did you go to purchase your pullet?

3. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I got her from Amber Waves. I called and she was avaible so they shipped her to me. and yes their website is confusing.i call to see what's avaible or comming up from a hatch because you can't count on their website. In fact my babie wasn't even advertised as for sale! I called and she was avaible. Call Both numbers because one is always a answering machine the other is jims cell phone and he will tell you what's coming up. last week when I spoke with jim he did say he has some whites hatching soon and I believe he has six babies that has DNA sex testing he was waiting on. You might want to call because unfortunately the web site I've found is not very reliable. I purchased from them before and their stock is always of very good quality. I was in the market for a young female so I called and they happened to have the one in the picture . She is ONLY 9 weeks old. I would have never known she was avaiable if I hadnt called. She wasn't on the website.in fact nothing was on the web site posted for sale. So if your interested id call and see when they expect to hatch or see what's avaible.he should have the dna results he was waiting on by now but I'm not certain. With them I found it best to call. They shipped her out to me and she arrived last wed. Healthy and on time. I've found all their birds meet the standard and have beautiful crests and body type. I hope this helps and I would just call BOTH numbers and usually jim will answer. He can then tell you what's coming up. Only complaint I have is that they are a little bit more expensive but its worth it because they do have lovely birds. they also are a NPIP flock. Hope this answers your questions.

4. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks very much for the info. How much did you pay, including shipping?

5. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Do you really want to know? Well she was more expensive than the usual price because I had the DNA charge incorporated into her fee so her cost plus DNA was 100.00 dollars then I paid the shipping charge of 85.00. So her total was 185.00. Babies just hatched are much less running about 15.00 per baby. Hope this helps. If you want to dna a baby it would be the 15 dollars plus dna fee. You are not liable to take the males. Also they have something called a hen guarentee and if you get that instead of the dna and your bird is a male they replace the bird at no charge to you. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by