Amberlink Roos

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by scooter147, May 25, 2016.

1. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Has anyone raised Amberlink Roos for meat.

I thought I was buying two Amberlink pullets at the feed store. Turns out they are both roos. (yes I think I was hoodwinked since they are suppose to be a color sexed breed) They are about 6 weeks old.

Are they worth raising another 6 weeks or so or should I cull now and save the feed and work in processing them?

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    I'd sell or give away now if you can..are you sure there roosters,?
    They won't weigh much at 12 weeks I think.

3. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    As my grandpa would have said "I'll eat your hat if they are not" [​IMG]

I am 99% positive, the combs and wattles are quite prominent. Of course it would be a lot easier to tell if I had at least one hen to compare to.

I won't advertise on Craigslist or any site like that too many nut jobs in the world. I'll spread the word here at work, church etc. and see if I get any takers.

I'm going to the feed store Friday after work with a picture in hand and tell them I am not happy. This is the third year in a row in which I've bought 6 pullets (different breeds too) and ended up with 3 roos. The New Hampshire I bought I'm pretty sure is a roo as well.

This happened to me at two different feed stores. (I have a thread about it) I honestly think the feed stores are buying straight run and charging for pullets, its the only obvious explanation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by