1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameracana..Easter Egger??? what do you think?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Aamanda, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Aamanda

Aamanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Linn Creek, MO
    Ok so we have been having this discussion on a chicken that showed up at my place. (here is the thread if you wanna check it out https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/833462/chicken-just-showed-up-now-big-chickens-story-a-story-of-a-found-chicken-lol) I know its a hen. Not sure of the age but the supposed previous owner said she was a "laying hen. He called her an "Easter Egger" and I know she is not an Araucana because the one thing I know about them I was told long ago and its is..."If it has a butt its a mutt" lol but other than that I don't know the differences. Any ideas?? Thoughts?? Comments?

[​IMG]

Her eyes don't show right in the pics...they are almost red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She is an EE.

3. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    yep she is a very pretty EE.....congrat's!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    easter egger

5. rheston

rheston Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2013
    Philomont, VA
    My Coop
    she does look like an EE to me and I'd say that she's from the Buff Orpington line of parentage. I three EE one looks like a Silver Wyandotte, one a Welsummer and the other a blue Orpington

6. Aamanda

Aug 29, 2013
    Linn Creek, MO
    Thank you everyone!! I think she is pretty as well. Cant wait to see what color egg she lays me!

7. Aamanda

Aug 29, 2013
    Linn Creek, MO
    LOL I looked up Ameraucana, Americauna, Araucana, Easter Egger, and now I am so totally confused....
    I Know Araucana are the rumpless. And Easter Egger is a mix of one of those breeds with another of them or can be some totally different chicken but after that im lost lol

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    It is a lot eaiser if you ask someone to explain it to you rether than look it up. Americanuna is just a mispelling of ameraucana. Hatcheries often label their easter eggers as this calming that they are a purebred.Now ameraucana is a breed you can learn a lot at this website www.ameraucana.org

9. Aamanda

Aug 29, 2013
    Linn Creek, MO
    Thank you!! Im sure she is an EE because her color is not distributed correctly but I think she is very pretty for an EE. Course im partial to her lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by