Ameracauna Cross Hen?Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Padfoot417, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Padfoot417

Padfoot417 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    My newest baby Peanut is a little Ameracauna cross,but what could she be crossed with?
    That's another thing,she just turned 2 weeks and I know that's too young,but how do you tell the gender of an EE?
    She's the loudest little thing,but I think it's because I'm forced to keep her alone.She's handled daily though.
    A sweet chick,and I'm just wondering what she could be crossed with.She has orange shanks and I know that's not an EE trait.
    Thank you all! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Heehee what a cutie! That little messy zoro face has to be part Wyandotte. Please keep posting pics as she grows, I'm really interested in seeing how it turns out!

3. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    will do!
    she reminds me of a 2 year old child.....she likes to cling on me and be annoying to get my attention.... [​IMG]
    I love her though,my little Peanut [​IMG]

4. justafewchickens

justafewchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Wyandotte was my first thought too, reminded me of my silver laced chicks. Sure is a cutie! !

5. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Update on Peanut:
    She's now 3 weeks old,and not quite growing like I'd hoped!
    Just a slow developer I suppose,but so cute all the same!
    She never hushes up,and always loves to climb all over me and sit and relax sometimes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Wanted to bump with a new question.
    Would it be at all possible to now tell if she's definitely a pullet?
    I read the same article in Practical Poultry for about 3 hours trying to determine if I could sex her correctly from their methods.(obviously I'm horrible at it)
    She has a rose comb barely peeking out with one tiny ridge at the very top of it,and it's all still yellow.
    She's very active and pecks and flaps her wings at every single thing,including my very offended Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Holly.

My mom was a freak about our 5 others right up to the point when they turned 7 weeks and still none were crowing.So she's off my back about them.
    But now she keeps saying that if Peanut is a roo then (s)he's gone for good and will likely be made into soup on the spot.(such a sensitive woman ain't she?)
    So I'd like to get some second opinions,because the woman who sold em Peanut said she was 'probably a girl' but wasn't sure.
    Please help!!! [​IMG]

7. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Aw, I'm sorry you're getting so much pressure about your cutie. So far there are no signs of roo-ness that I can see. However, 3 weeks is very early to tell, especially if you're fairly certain she's a mix. By week 5 you usually know for certain if you have a roo or not.

I'll send good luck vibes your way![​IMG]

8. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    i think roo. [​IMG] pretty though

9. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    thanks guys,I'll keep posting pics as Peanut grows,I would really like to know as soon as possible if I can.
    Thanks so much though!I hope I keep getting these opinions [​IMG]

10. Padfoot417

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Peanut is almost 4 weeks old,and still has so much fluff...
    Peanut's feathering so slowly and growing so slowly I am starting to think roo [​IMG]
    Apparently as long as I can keep him out of trouble I'll be allowed to keep a roo.
    Trouble?No,what everyone should be worried about is me trying to hatch the eggs he fertilizes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by