Ameracauna/Easter Egger Rooster or Hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bullington, Jun 4, 2011.

1. bullington

bullington Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
  2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Not 100% sure but that tail has kind of a rooster look to it. I just had an EE trick me for nearly 7 months though... so I'm not much help. Although it is the first bird of mine to go that long with a mistaken gender identity!

CuppaJo461 likes this.
  3. bullington

May 12, 2011
    Thanks for the reply, reason I ask is that the head looks different than most of the others including the the other Easter Eggers. Looks bigger.. fuller. I will try and take some better pics.

4. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    I am not sure right now, because the colors to me look very pullet-like (in the light that's in the picture) but maybe if we can see a pic of the comb we'd have a better guess?

5. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm leaning towards rooster, but it's hard to say. The crown is pretty dark, and his neck feathers are pointed. This one may keep you guessing for a while. [​IMG]

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    pullet

ETA: it's an ee

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    :)HI I raise Ameracaunas Heres whats need to tell if your chicken is a PB if it has the muff around the face and the black legs if it has a pea comb then it's %100 Ameracauna. Hope this helps. The colors look alot like my. The pea comb on a hen is much smaller then a rooster but they look the same. A good way to tell if he's starting to do a dance with one wing or the other towards a hen. The roos start early on there jobs:D

CuppaJo461 and kittydoc like this.
  8. bullington

May 12, 2011
  9. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Then, I say pullet [​IMG]. Actually, seeing a couple of those last pictures - My two EE's have the same color patterning, though they're only 9 weeks old.

CuppaJo461 likes this.
  10. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    My opinion.. esp. after those last pictures.. I'd say cockerel. But not 100% sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by