1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameracauna or Aracauna Eggs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Loveoursilkies, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Loveoursilkies

Loveoursilkies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    We ended up with Aracaunas and Ameracaunas and aren't sure which hens are laying which eggs, they are all blue eggs, some are smaller than the others. We are going to incubate and prefer to hatch the Ameracaunas as they are Lavender. We have 1 rooster, but 2 Ameracauna hens and 2 Aracauna hens. HELP! Does anyone know, would 1 species be smaller than the other. We may just have to hatch all of them, or try, we just lost an entire incubator full of chicks that never hatched, but I'm trying to learn this LG incubator. The ones we lost were Silkies.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    put the araucanas in a small pen until you have the eggs you want or if you hatch all, the araucana crosses, as I guess your roo is amerucana, should be mostly tail-less. or at lest in my araucana crosses most were tail-less

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by