1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Ameracauna or Easter egger

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by seahuntmike, Mar 4, 2015.

1. seahuntmike

seahuntmike In the Brooder

Dec 23, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Not a big deal just curious. Do y'all think that she(hopefully) is an ameracauna or Easter egger

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

2. seahuntmike

Dec 23, 2014
    Sorry I thought it posted the picture working on it

3. seahuntmike

Dec 23, 2014
    Disregard post #2

4. Crazy4Fowl

Crazy4Fowl Chirping

Nov 20, 2014
    My duck coop
    Quite frankly what is the difference between an easter egger and an Ameracauna?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. Crazy4Fowl

Crazy4Fowl Chirping

Nov 20, 2014
    My duck coop
    Also [​IMG][​IMG] Welcome!

1 person likes this.
  6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The bird is in no way an Ameraucana. It has a straight comb and no beard or muffs.

Ameraucanas are a pure breed with an APA standard of perfection. They have a pea comb, muffs, beard, tail, and come in certain colors. They only lay blue eggs.

An Easter Egger is a mutt bird with a blue egg-laying ancestor; they can look like anything and lay any colored egg, hence the name. They have no standard of perfection.

7. seahuntmike

Dec 23, 2014
    Thanks she is very skittish, and has recently been letting out a fairly high pitch chirp.

8. seahuntmike

Dec 23, 2014
    Once again thanks, I had read about the beard and muffs but the black legs kind of threw me for a loop

9. seahuntmike

Dec 23, 2014
    The bird is in no way an Ameraucana. It has a straight comb and no beard or muffs.

Ameraucanas are a pure breed with an APA standard of perfection. They have a pea comb, muffs, beard, tail, and come in certain colors. They only lay blue eggs.

An Easter Egger is a mutt bird with a blue egg-laying ancestor; they can look like anything and lay any colored egg, hence the name. They have no standard of perfection.
    [

So would you say that she is an easter egger or am I really missing something/quote]

10. seahuntmike

Dec 23, 2014
    She hasn't started laying yet either

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by