Ameraucana?

HilaryAkin

Songster
May 23, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
I received this chick from the Murray McMurray hatchery 3 weeks ago. They say ameraucana but are they really just EE? I have 4. What color will this one end up? Can you really tell this early? I’m loving the combo right now.

Attachments

• 36D79B9B-C7D0-402E-9962-C3A7739292EF.jpeg
    36D79B9B-C7D0-402E-9962-C3A7739292EF.jpeg
    737.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
How can you tell it’s not an ameraucana? Annoyed they sell them as one breed they really aren’t. Swore they spelled it correctly too?
There is few standard colors that are approved by the APA and if they are not one of those they are not Ameraucanas.

I know I ordered also from MMcM hatchery and got 6 "Ameraucanas" but obviously they weren't. I wish they would change the name for the novices.
And do you think it’s a girl! Fingers crossed!! I know it’s too early to tell but I’m always looking and wondering.
From what I see, yes she's a she. But it's a little too early, post update picture in a few weeks!

There is few standard colors that are approved by the APA and if they are not one of those they are not Ameraucanas.

I know I ordered also from MMcM hatchery and got 6 "Ameraucanas" but obviously they weren't. I wish they would change the name for the novices.

From what I see, yes she's a she. But it's a little too early, post update picture in a few weeks!
I have an EE rooster and two olive Eggers and they’re okay so far. Hopefully these ladies from MM will end up nicer. And yeah, change the name as it’s confusing. Nothing in the description made it sound anything other than purebred, I thought.

Any idea where to get actual Ameraucanas?

I have an EE rooster and two olive Eggers and they’re okay so far. Hopefully these ladies from MM will end up nicer. And yeah, change the name as it’s confusing. Nothing in the description made it sound anything other than purebred, I thought.
Well the pictures are obviously EEs on they're website.

But all the same I love Easter eggers!

Any idea where to get actual Ameraucanas?
Meyer Hatchery and Cackle Hatchery sells true Ameraucanas - but limited amount. Check Ameraucana Alliance directory or Ameraucana Breeders Club directory for breeders list. Check your local craigslist. Just be aware many people call easter eggers Ameraucanas. If they are not the accepted variety from the APA, they are likely easter eggers. That, or take the photos and upload here for opinions: Is this a true Ameraucana? Best time to get Ameraucanas is Spring time. The serious guys only hatch in Spring before it gets too hot in the Summer to ship. If you want Spring hatch from the bigwigs, you literally have to pay fullprice upfront now to reserve for next Spring min order of 6 chicks priced between $15-$25/each not including shipping. What variety are you looking for? I could probably give you a few suggestions based on that.

Back
Top Bottom