Ameraucana, 8 months no eggs????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BYOChickens, Nov 1, 2011.

1. BYOChickens

BYOChickens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2010
    She hasn't laid an egg yet. All my other birds have been laying faithfully since summer. Anyone else have slow developers? She seems to be the same size as the other birds. Any thoughts?

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I'm still waiting on a 34 week old welsummer. Sometimes you get one that matures really slowly.

3. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you worked her? Checked for mites and lice? Do you have lights in the coop?

4. BYOChickens

BYOChickens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2010
    She has run around the pen (20' x 20") plus a nice coop to retire to at night. She runs around the pen with her roomates and fits in well with them. I use edible "DE" and sprinkle it around the coop run and food areas. Looks like the same size as the rest of the hoodlums and she laid one greenish, small egg two months back. That was the only one so far. I have looked all around to see if she is playing houdini, but not the case. I hear that this breed may be slow starters? No light in the coop, but am getting eggs from the rest of the birds. Oh well, waiting patiently!

5. 00BlasterResto

00BlasterResto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by