Ameraucana, Araucana, Penedesenca, Cochin for sale in CA will ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by eggchel, Aug 4, 2008.

1. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Im having predator problems and need to rebuild pens but it is too big a job so I need to reduce the number of breeds that I keep.

You pay shipping or pick up in or near SF Bay area. I can deliver between SF,Ca area and Bend, OR area next week.

Please PM me with inquiries or offers.

Thanks,

Chel

Beautiful trio of standard size Ameraucanas, black male and blue females. These birds are a super nice trio from Lisa Cree stock. Excellent for breeding or showing. $60
    ---------------------
    Small flock of Penedesencas from Barry Koefler stock (Feathersite)
    1 male and 5 females $100. Plus 2 juveniles free.
    ---------------------

Small flock bantam true Araucana. 1 blue male, 1 silver female, 4 unsexed juveniles (2 blue, 1 black, 1 other). Maybe 1 male 3 female???
    All are rumpless, none are tufted. $50.
    --------------------
    Beautiful pair white bantam true Araucana. Male is double tufted and can be shown, female smooth. Both rumpless. $60
    --------------------

Trio giant black cochins, $65.

--------------------
    Strange flock of 5, consists of Tolbunt Polish crossed with Welsummers. Bearded with slight Elvis crest feathers. Red-orange male has single comb, 3 partridge females have pea combs additional female is tail-less, wheaton color, bearded with pea comb. Females lay BLUE eggs. Go Figure! All for $60
    -------------------

2. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    How much does it cost to ship a trio? I've been looking for some Ameraucana, but was really wanting wheaten. My second choice is blue.

Is shipping generally pretty safe? I really don't think you can ship here right now though, because of the extreme heat.

3. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Yes, they can readily be shipped as long you live somewhere that you can receive overnight express mail.

PM me your zip code and I can check on whether you could be shipped to and what the cost would be. It is expensive to ship adults because it requires multiple boxes, especially when it is hot. However, I can zip tie the boxes together which will save money.

MY guess is that the shipping might cost $75. I would need to weigh the birds and the boxes before I could quote more accurately.

4. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Wow, that's a lot of money! I was thinking about maybe half that, but then shipping chickens is new to me. To be honest, at that price, adding in the price of the chickens themselves, it's probably an impossibility for me at this time, but if you want to check prices to be sure, I'm at 71923, and also 71763. One is my fathers house in town where I'm usually at during the day, and the other is my house and "mini-farm" 20 miles out in the country. I'd rather have them in the country (71763) but it might be more expensive. By the way, how old are they, and do you have photos on a site somewhere?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by