1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Ameraucana Baby Pics- Any Idea what color?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Solsken Farm, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Thoughts on a color for these babies? Pips and Peeps, these are from you, marked blue (BF).

Are they splashes?

They are so precious!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008

2. IloveTravis

IloveTravis Songster

Jul 27, 2008
    They look buff to me [​IMG]

3. Quote:Thanks for the reply. They came out of blue eggs. I should have mentioned that. I will go edit that post right now. And I don't mean blue as in the eggshell, as in from blue hens. [​IMG] So buff wouldn't make sense. Sorry I left that info out.

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Songster

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    They look like buff, did Jean send you any extras? I hatched Buffs from Jean and they look the same.

[​IMG]

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    If they were marked BF I would imagine they were buff [​IMG] My b/b/s were marled BL and BL/SPL

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    If the egg was marked BF then they are buffs. BL is blue/black, white, wtn is wheaten or blue wheaten, bl/spl is blue black or splash and silver are marked silver.

[​IMG]

7. Mystery solved. Thank you.[​IMG] They are so sweet.

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    How many little chickies did you get? [​IMG]

9. They are still hatching Jean. Four so far. 2 black and 2 splash, um I mean, buff.[​IMG]

I had some harrowing later hatch issues, so we will see. I had 9 going into day 18, would have been 10, but my daughter bumped my arm just as I was transfering them out of the turner into the carton. [​IMG] I waxed it, but am pretty sure it won't make it. I am praying I get more. It is day 22.

10. Adam, do you have adult pictures of those little cute buff babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by