Ameraucana/Barred Rock - Charlotte & Hawkeye's: All Growed Up (pg 4)

Ohh So very cute. Just love
love.gif
the pictures. Makes me want to get some more chicks to raise. So beautiful

That chick is going to looks so gorgeous when it grows up!
I had a AmeraucanaXBarred Rock roo until 3 days ago(darn coyotes). He had the Perfect barring(better then most or my BRs ever had) a peacomb and a beard. If he didn't have had those yellow legs and beak he would have passed as an ameraucana.

Approximately 6 weeks old now. Looks like she may be a he!
smile.png
Feathers have grown in, much more barring than I thought (more of the barred rock in him) and a definite single comb. The cute muffs have been lost, just a few feathers poking out. But, maybe that will change again when he gets older because he's certainly not done growing!
big_smile.png

CharlotteBaby.jpg

CharlotteBaby02.jpg

CharlotteBaby03.jpg

CharlotteBaby04.jpg

I'm going to be breeding my Ameraucana male with a barred rock female as well so this really helped to see what I may get
smile.png
I will also breed him to my black cochin...really interested to see what I get out of that! Has anyone bred their cochin hen with an ameraucana? Have any pics of the babies?

Interesting! I can still see that little beard, though. The single comb was a definite surprise. Charlotte has a weird pea comb, sort of a crimped, thick, zigzaggy, single, more than a pea, even though her full-blood sister had a perfect pea comb. That must be what happened with his comb.

Back
Top Bottom