Ameraucana- BW/W

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Birch Run Farm, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Still getting some eggs! Have a hatch going on right now, beautiful chicks!

Limited number of hatching eggs from this select pair of blue wheaten ameraucanas and a wheaten hen. Both of the BW have been shown and will be shown again this fall. Hens lay a blue egg and overall these birds have great color and beards, wheaten hen has some dark specks in her hackles. No guarentees on eggs if shipped, pick ups are welcome. Eggs are shipped on Mondays or Tuesdays depending on what is collected and the number you want.

Auction is by the egg.

BW Hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicks from the BW pair (two are buff leghorn chicks):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No recent pics of the wheaten hen, she is scruffy right now from brooding and breeding.

Egg pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    Are the olive eggs from the wheatens? I've been thinking about starting some because I thought they consistently laid light blue eggs. Is this not the case?

3. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    No, the olive eggs are from an olive egger I bred. The brown eggs are from cuckoo Marans. [​IMG] I do have the olive egger in with the BW ameraucanas. She is still laying as well but her color is quite faded now (the three eggs in the box). If you'd like to buy some of her eggs just let me know.

All of the blue eggs pictured in the small box except the green/brown ones and the larger blue egg above them are from my BW/W birds.

A photo of my olive egger:

[​IMG]

I hatched some chicks from her when she was out with the araucanas and got some very cute chicks that look like rumpless bearded black coppers.

4. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    do you have bantams as well? i am dying for bantam bw ameraucanas. the olive eggs look gorgeous! beautiful color for fall eggs!

5. undergroundchickens

undergroundchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Utah
    What does "Auction is by the egg" mean? Does that mean $5 an egg and if we want 5 eggs we bid $25.00? Not really sure what that means. [​IMG]

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Yes, price is per egg. There are only two hens in with the rooster (and the olive egger), it is a select breeding. BTW- he has won BOV at two different shows. Most people buy what eggs are collected with in a week. I can't predict they will both lay every day but most days they do. There were two eggs today.

Sorry but I only have large fowl!

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    He reminds me a lot of my roo. BEAUTIFUL... and the pullets and EE too!

8. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Thanks Mahonri, they have become my favorite color variety for Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

9. pfmoore17

pfmoore17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    CT
    These birds are really nice, from a great environment and the owner is a super attentive breeder.
    Rooster to hen ratio is 1 to 2-3 and fertility is excellent.
    All my eggs were fertile, nary a clear egg! That's a first!
    Ann rocks!

10. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    [​IMG] That is awesome news!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by