Ameraucana chick colouring question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Adri, May 17, 2008.

1. Adri

Adri Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    I've got 5 Ameraucana that are 2 1/2 weeks. I'm anxious to know who is a rooster, because we are only keeping the hens, and I'm curious about what colour two of them will be.

I'm thinking that this chick is Silver:
    [​IMG]
    And these 2 are probably white:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But these two are the ones I am curious about, the first one is unbelievably friendly and inquisitive, and will even climb onto my hands when I am putting food in or cleaning the waterer out. I'm really hoping she's a pullet, and curious about her colour.
    [​IMG]
    And I wondered if this one was a rooster, but I love his colouring and lighter muff. What colour could he/she be?
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    They are really pretty, the next to last one looks like one that I have. Mine is now 8 weeks old and the colors are mainly black and light brown.

She turned out very pretty.

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Your next to last one looks exactly like one of my EE's I got from Meyer. We call her "Chippy" & she is the friendliest little thing & is keeping that same basic coloring as she feathers out--she's our favorite! The other one looks like your light yellow-tan chicks & she is developing some tan lacing on her feathers--she is 'Miss Kitty" & is also very tame & friendly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by