Ameraucana Chicks-BEEFY! Here Ya Go! Others, too...PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, May 24, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

These are the pics of my eight week old babies given to me by helmstead. The lovely girl with the interesting coloration is June, an "experimental" EE that came from a Salmon Ameraucana egg (um, surprise!), and the blue Ameraucana beauty from a Texas breeder is Nora (it is a girl, right?) They are still getting used to this crazy place here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the only two that hatched from six eggs sent to me from California by my buddy Lynn (HenHaven). They are from Cree lines, four weeks old, a splash and a blue:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So cute, love the first picture of the little splash with its head tilted to the side. [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

I wish the light had been right. That splash baby is the most beautiful pearly-silvery shade of white right now. If I only knew the sex of that one....any guesses?

4. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Beautiful chicks! They are posing so nice for the camera!

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats you have some beautiful chicks there. Good luck with them. Love the blues they are my fav. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

6. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    well ive never even seen an ameraucana in real life much less sexed one but i'll give her a go. i think they are all girls except maybe the splash. (s)he's got some chunky legs.

did i get it right?

7. Grillmaster33

Grillmaster33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Triad, NC
    Great. I think this confirms that my little chicky is an Ameracauna bantam...splash-as I see it.

Speckledhen, take a look at my thread in "What Breed is This?" forum and let me know what you think of the chick...I think its #8.

Thanks.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    What beauty's! Sure look like girls to me [​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Gorgeous [​IMG]:clap

That looks exactly like our Ameraucana. She is so pretty and talkative. She just talks and talks to you when you pick her up and hold her.

This is our Sandy at 7 weeks old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  10. speckledhen

Wow, your Sandy does look like the twin to my June! Mine should be basically a white bird with salmon coloring around the wing bow areas, but out she popped like this, still very pretty. She must have had a Blue Wheaten daddy to come out that color.
    I'm not sure on the sex of either of my 4 week olds, but I bet soon we'll know. Didn't notice the legs on the splash till it was mentioned. Hope that's a trick of the angle, LOL.
    Grill, I'll look for your picture you mentioned in Breeds.

Last edited: May 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by